A new school year brings with it all kinds of emotions, from excitement to anxiety. As our children begin their first day of school on August 16 – we have some specific prayer requests:
- Please ask that fears will be calmed and children will feel safe and reassured.
- Pray for a 12th grader, starting school in a different district in preparation for going home soon. Pray for that transition, that good choices will continue to be made after leaving Coyote Hill. Pray for safety during the current long commute to school.
- Pray for a 4th grader who really struggles in class. Pray that this year, great leaps will be made in academic progress. Yet more than anything, pray for this child’s confidence and self esteem!
- Pray for a 2nd grader who is such a social butterfly. Pray for new, supportive friends that will love her just as fiercely as she loves.
- Pray for a middle schooler who is the opposite of a social butterfly. Pray that this year she will learn to come out of her shell, so that people can be blessed by her friendship. She suffers from anxiety, so please pray that God fills her with peace.
- Pray for a 9th grader, beginning her first year of high school! Pray that her energy, confidence and positivity will only grow throughout the year. Pray that she will also find good friends.
- Pray for “thick skin” for our children, as it can be challenging to be labeled as a “Coyote Hill kid/foster kid,” especially in high school.
- Pray for a three year old who is starting at a new daycare. Pray that learning how to share toys and space with others can be done with joy!
“And you can join in helping with prayer for us, so that thanks may be given by many on our behalf for the gift that came to us through [the prayers of] many.” –2 Corinthians 1:11