Posted In: General
Coyote Hill is seeking mentors, especially guys who are willing to spend time with our boys ranging in age from 5 to 17.
What is a mentor?
An individual who is committed to spending one-on-one time with a child, with the intention of forming a positive friendship & bringing joy to that child’s life.
If I am a mentor, what do I do?
Do what you & the child love to do!
- Play games at the park
- Window shop at the mall
- Ride horses (at Coyote Hill, under supervision)
- Go for a bike ride
- Attend a sporting event
- …or any other fun activities that interest you and the child!
What kind of commitment do you need?
Since our children are typically with us for 1-2 yrs. we ask that you commit for an initial 6 months, with a min. of 1 visit per month (approx. 3 hours). Ideally, a mentor will spend a few hours once every 1-2 weeks. We find that the best relationships are formed with consistency. After your first 6 months, we are sure you’ll want to keep hanging out with our kids, so we’ll meet just to check in.
What can you expect from your mentor experience?
- Short interview following a tour of our homes
- Orientation, covering Coyote Hill policies & procedures
- Supervision & support from Home Parents & staff
- THE MOST FUN YOU’VE EVER HAD!
Contact Kari today to set up your tour & receive more information about mentoring!